Residential Garage Door Strut Extender Kit for Nine Foot Wide Door
The limit for shipping a long item “standard shipping” is 96 in. Anything over that, the shipping rate for a 9′ foot Strut is about $150 by UPS Ground. The next best thing is to use a 7′-11″ 22 gauge strut with a 32″ – 20 gauge strut extender. Using a 20 gauge strut as a extender prides a 9 foot long strut and enables the strut to be much stronger than a standard 9′ strut and shipped at a reasonable cost. Our strut connector kits come with a starter hole in the middle. However, the 9 foot doesn’t include a center starter hole because every door setup is unique.
- (1) 7′-11″ x 2-1/4″ 22 Gauge Galvanized Steel Strut
- (1) 32″ x 2″ 20 Ga. Strut Extender
- (6) Six – #8 1/2 in. External Hex Flange 7/16″ Hex-Head Self-Drilling Screws
- 10 – 15 minutes if needed, I-Phone Facetime technical support for assembly or installation advice (Android users visit the Google App Store and download Google Duo)
- FREE SHIPPING UPS GROUND 1 to 5 Days Orders are processed within 1 to 2 business days
Struts are secured to steel garage doors with (6 to 12) 1″ Self Drilling Screws ( extra ) Your door may all ready have the screws in place to reuse.
For instructions on installing this product, refer to the instruction tab in the menu
- Power Drill
- 7/16-in x 1-7/8-in Standard(SAE) Hex Nut Driver
- Tape Measure
- Vice Grips