DIY Three Piece Garage Door Strut Kit for Eighteen Foot Wide Doors
We are the only online retailer that offers a shippable strut for 18 foot wide doors. (2) Two 7′-11″ – 22 gauge garage door struts (1) One 60 in. long 20 gauge strut to connect the two long strut pieces. The strut is 15 to 20% stronger than a standard 18′ strut and less likely to Twist or torque out of place. Net weight 14.3 lbs.
- 2) 7′-11″ x 2-1/4″ 22 Gauge Galvanized Steel Struts for 18′ wide door.
- (1) 60″ x 2″ 20 Gauge Strut Connector
- (12) #8 1/2 in. External Hex Flange 7/16″ Hex-Head Self-Drilling Screws
- (12) SELF DRILLING 1″ TEK SCREWS (To attach strut to door)
- 10 – 15 minutes if needed, I-Phone Facetime technical support for assembly or installation advice (Android users visit the Google App Store and download Google Duo)
- FREE SHIPPING UPS GROUND 1 to 5 Days Orders are processed within 1 to 2 business days
Customers will receive an email with tracking number and estimated delivery day within one business day. Customers have the option to submit interior photo’s of their door or a short video of the door closing and we will reply with our suggested placement of the strut(s) and any other recommendations to fix your door.
Optional @ Check-Out:
7/16 in. MAGNETIC NUT DRIVER
Additional items that we recommend and will help make your door run like new again.
XiKe 12 Pack Blue 2″ Nylon Garage Door Roller 7″ Stem, Quiet/Durable and High Load, Use 6200-2RS Double Seals Precision Bearings. Rollers come in 4″ and 7″ long stems. Should your cable snap or come off the pulley, 7″ rollers are more likely to keep your door on its tracks. Click here for more information
Opener Reinforcement Bracket: If you top panel is compromised with cracks, chances are the cracks in your door panel were created by the torque exhibited on the top panel when the opener closes the door. The opener bracket distributes the force on the doors center vertical style. Click for more information
- Power Drill
- 7/16-in x 1-7/8-in Standard(SAE) Hex Nut Driver
- Tape Measure
- Vice Grips
For instructions on installing this product, refer to the instruction tab in the menu
Struts, returned for up to 30 days if the item is in its original condition and packaging. The customer pays $40 for shipping to return the product. Contact us first for a return shipping label.
If the strut doesn’t perform to your expectations and you are willing to submit a short video of your door opening and closing. We will review it and make recommendations to move the strut. If that doesn’t fix the problem, we will provide a full refund.